Frequently Asked Questions
Questions about the upcoming conference?
Please go to the "conference" tab!
The European Educators’ Christian Association (EurECA) aims to serve God by providing a forum or meeting-place:
- for Christian educators across Europe, including both leaders of Christian education organisations at national or regional level and also individual Christian teachers who are concerned to relate to colleagues across Europe;
- for mutual encouragement and for the sharing of ideas and resources;
- through annual conferences, a Newsletter and Prayer Guide which are published two times a year, this website and informal contacts.
EurECA aims to encourage the development of strong national organisations for Christian teachers, Christian schools, Christian parents and school board members, rather than to become an alternative to these organisations. It seeks to serve Christian educators in the whole range of educational contexts, including home education, state schools and Christian schools.
EurECA was founded in 1993 when it was registered as a charity in Germany. The EurECA office is located in Kandern.
EurECA’s basis of faith is the Statement of Faith of the European Evangelical Alliance, to which EurECA belongs.
Evangelical Christians accept the revelation of the triune God given in the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments and confess the historic faith of the gospel therein set forth. They here assert doctrines which they regard as crucial to the understanding of the faith, and which should issue in mutual love, practical Christian service and evangelistic concern:
- The sovereignty and grace of God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit in creation, providence, revelation, redemption and final judgment.
- The divine inspiration of Holy Scripture and it's consequent entire trustworthiness and supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
- The universal sinfulness and guilt of fallen man, making him subject to God's wrath and condemnation.
- The substitutionary sacrifice of the incarnate Son of God as the sole and all-sufficient ground of redemption from the guilt and power of sin, and from its eternal consequences.
- The justication of the sinner solely by the grace of God through faith in Christ crucified and risen from the dead.
- The illuminating, regenerating, indwelling and sanctifying work of God the Holy Spirit.
- The priesthood of all believers, who form the universal Church, the Body of which Christ is the Head, and which is committed by His command to the proclamation of the Gospel throughout the world.
- The expectation of the personal, visible return of the Lord Jesus Christ, in power and glory.
Members of EurECA may be:
- Educational organisations and committees who recognize the basis and work of EurECA as well as its constitution; and
- Individuals who especially wish to engage themselves for the aims of EurECA.
The annual subscription is 60 Euros for organisational members and 15 Euros for individual members.
Written application must be made to the Board, in which prospective members declare and explain that they fulfill the admission requirements, as stated above. The General Assembly, on the recommendation of the Board, decides who may be accepted. Application forms can be found on the Members page. Click here.
EurECA, Postfach 1153, 79396 Kandern, Germany
By fax: (49) 7626-8821
sec (at) eureca-online.org
N.B. When sending e-mails to this address, please replace ‘at’ with the usual symbol and remove any spaces. The address is written here in an unusual format in the hope of evading the attempts of distributors of spam to trawl websites like this for e-mail addresses.
Yes, EurECA is an affiliate member of the European Evangelical Alliance and it forms the Education Network of Hope for Europe.
The current members of the EurECA Board are:
- Graham Coyle (England)
- Liviu Caprar (Romania)
- Silke Edelmann (Germany)
- Livia Hodne (Norway)
- Matt Kägi (Switzerland) (Chairperson)
- Markus Wagner (Austria)
- Alain Missler (France)
- John Muir (Scotland)
- Peter Schneller (Switzerland)
- Agnieszka Crozier (Poland)
This website was designed and programmed by: Serve Design